The 5 things you need to do before buying a home
Preparing yourself for a home purchase will give you a solid base to start your journey.
Let’s look at the top 5 things you should do before buying a home.
1. Make a check list. – Determine what features are important to you so you can narrow down the properties that will fit your needs. This checklist can help you with that task.
2. Set a budget – Spending your free time looking at properties could just be a waste of time if you are shopping outside of your budget. Figure out what payment you are comfortable with and use an online calculator to determine how much home you can get for that payment
3. Gather your documentation – Gathering the basic documentation that will be needed for your financing will help you have a smoother trip through that part of the journey.
4. Get Pre-approved– Getting pre-approved will make sure that your credit, employment and assets are up to par to qualify for a loan. The process will also assist you in determining how much you will need to purchase your home and give you a better idea of a loan payment.
5. Find an agent to help you find your new home- Searching on your own can leave you worn out and produce poor results. Finding a local Realtor to aid you in your search will make the process less daunting. Remember, you do not pay any commission to the agent that is representing you.
Ready to get started? Let’s set up your free consultation.
Schedule Your Consultation
Click on the calendar to schedule your consultation. Both in person and phone appointments are available for your convenience. Prefer to schedule directly with me? I’m just a call (619-992-4062) or Email away.