HomePath by FannieMae has announced their current special offer.
Fannie Mae is currently offering buyers up to 3.5% in closing cost assistance through June 30, 2011.
- Buyers and/or selling agents (the agent representing the buyer) must request the incentive upon submission of initial offer in order to be eligible.
- The initial offer must be submitted on or after April 11, 2011 and close by June 30, 2011. If an initial offer was made prior to the effective date, the offer is not eligible for the incentive.
- The sale must close on or before June 30, 2011. No exceptions will be made to this deadline.
- Only buyers purchasing a HomePath property as their primary residence may receive up to 3.5% in closing cost assistance. Second homes and investment properties are excluded from the incentive.
- Buyer must sign the Owner Occupant Certification Rider to the Real Estate Purchase Addendum.
- If a buyer’s total closing costs are under 3.5%, the difference will not be available as a credit to the buy.
Benefits to You, the Borrower
- Low down payment and flexible mortgage terms (fixed–rate, adjustable rate, or interest–only).
- Down payment can be funded by the borrower’s own savings; a gift; a grant; or a loan from a nonprofit organization, state or local government, or employer.
- No lender-requested appraisal.
- No mortgage insurance; ask your lender for cost details on loans without mortgage insurance.
- Expanded seller contributions for closing costs allowed.
- Available for primary residences, second homes and investment properties.
- Many condo project requirements are waived; ask your lender for details